Travel insurance - fair, transparent & 24/7 claims processing

Switch to Bot-powered Travel Insurance for for 24/7 claims processing. Get set up in minutes with a little help from Polly today.

Pack your bags

Start a quote




Travel insurance you can count on


Sick or injured

We'll cover your overseas emergency hospital, medical, surgical and ambulance expenses. We'll also arrange medical transfers and repatriation if necessary.


Disrupted travel

There's cover for additional expenses if your trip is cancelled due to unforeseeable events outside of your control, such as a volcanic eruption or medical issues that prevent you from further travelling.


Luggage & belongings

We'll pay to repair or replace your luggage, belongings and personal effects, if they are stolen or accidently lost.


Pre-existing medical

We automatically cover 43 pre-existing medical conditions listed in the PDS.


24/7 emergency assistance

Should something go wrong, we are here to give you the emergency assistance you need, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


Kids go free

Children and dependants under 21 are covered for free when travelling with an insured adult.

Compare cover

Optional benefits


Zero excess

Choose the Zero Excess option and you'll be able to claim without paying an excess. Zero excess, zero worries.


Winter sports

Extend your cover to insure you whilst skiing, snowboarding or taking part in a wide range of snowsports.


Portable valuables

Traveling with something fancy? Get additional cover for specified items up to a total amount of $5,000.


Australian cruise

Select 'Australian Cruise' as your destination for Cover whilst cruising in and around Australia. Ahoy!

When making decisions about the product, it’s important you understand the policy exclusions and read the Product Disclosure Statement.


Easy policy set-up with Polly

With a little help from Polly you can get set up in minutes and feel confident about your insurance.

Start a quote

24/7 claim processing

Most claims can be lodged 24/7 with the Huddle App and in some cases you'll get a decision within minutes.


See Genie in action


Powered by Genie the claims bot

He's working tirelessly to process your claims.


Not all claims can be approved instantly. Actual experience will vary depending on the circumstances and information provided. Decision to pay cash or repair is at Huddle's sole discretion.

Cover for your trip


Australian Adventures

Travelling within Australia? We can cover your trip for things like luggage and valuables.



Great winter sports benefits for snow sport lovers. Simply select the ‘Winter Sports’ option when you get your quote.



If you’re cruising around Australia, enter ‘Australian Cruise’ as your destination. Otherwise, simply enter all the countries you’re stopping in.


Around the World

Touring multiple countries and want the flexibility to change your plans? Enter ‘Worldwide’ as your destination and you’ll be covered for those unexpected destinations.*

* only available to approved countries and territories. Refer to PDS


Backpackers & Students

Great value basic cover with unlimited overseas emergency medical should you need it.


Family Holidays

Kids go free! Plus unlimited overseas emergency medical cover for extra peace of mind.

Top questions from members

Unfortunately not. You can only buy Huddle Travel Insurance before the start or your journey.

Things can go wrong at any time. We strongly recommend buying travel insurance as soon as you book your trip, so that you're covered for your non-refundable deposits if the unexpected happens.

Can I get cover for my valuables?

Cover for your things is included in your cover for Luggage & Personal Effect, up to $5,000 for the Basic Policy and $10,000 for the Comprehensive Policy. However, sub-limits apply so check the PDS.

You can add extra cover for a range of valuable items, such as laptops or mobile phones. Just add the Specified Luggage and Personal Effects cover during your quote.


If my plans change can I update my policy?

If your travel plans change and you want to extend your trip, change dates or add extra countries, just drop us a line at or call on 1300 777 200 or +61 2 8294 7772 if you’re overseas already.


Can I get cover if I’m on a 457 or temporary residence visa?

Yes, if you are a holder of a non-permanent residency visa who:

  • may legally reside in Australia; and
  • holds a valid Medicare card or are covered by an Australian Private Health Insurance policy that satisfies the government health insurance requirements for your visa type; and
  • has resided in Australia for at least 200 days of the 12 months immediately preceding your trip; and
  • has a home in Australia to which you intend to return to.

How can I get the lowest premium?

Different countries have different risks so where you are travelling will impact your price.

If you’re looking for great value cover, check out the Basic Cover and see if it suites your needs.

We are having trouble communicating with our backend services.

Error 404

Ahh … this is unusual!

An error has occurred and we’re working to fix the problem! We’ll be up and running shortly.

Error code: 500

Error 404

Emergency assistance

24 hour emergency assistance from anywhere in the world
+61 2 8294 7772

Make a claim

Our friendly claim team is happy to help you with your next claim
1300 777 200